Hi Jerermy and Xavier,

I confirm the bug with my old Ubuntu 14.04:

moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> tiddlywiki --version
5.1.13
moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> tiddlywiki test --init server
Copied edition 'server' to test
moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> tiddlywiki test --server 4242
Serving on 127.0.0.1:4242
(press ctrl-C to exit)
syncer-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList
FileSystem: Saved file /tmp/test/tiddlers/$__StoryList.tid.tid

moreaue@moreaue:/tmp> npm --version
1.4.28

I followed Xavier's advice to install the binaries and it looks like it's fixed now. Btw if anyone needs to do this and is a bit clueless like me about how to do it, here are instructions: http://www.hostingadvice.com/how-to/install-nodejs-ubuntu-14-04/#standard-binary-packages.

All the best,

Erwan