Hi Tobias,
Thanks! This was already a very useful explanation.
Following you guidelines: What I still don't know is how to then append
something to a variable already set.
Looking at my example I need to create an URL like
https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=Brooklyn+Bridge,New+York,NY&zoom=13&size=600x300&maptype=roadmap
&markers=color:blue%7Clabel:S%7C40.702147,-74.015794&markers=color:green%
7Clabel:G%7C40.711614,-74.012318
where the marker bits (marked in two different colors above) are coming
from the result of a list (there could be dozens)....

Hence at some point I think I will have to be able to append something to a
variable already set....

... and I don't know how to do it... :(

Sven

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/60fcc327-1a43-4fa6-9c52-4446683954ac%40googlegroups.com.