Hey Mat - I got your leftbar installed.  Thanks! I started with that
because it looked the simplest, and it should indeed do the job.

One question: Can you think of a way to give it a background of some sort?

Right now I have an image in the TWs background and the letters just write
over top of the image directly instead of having some sort of "tiddler
background"

Thanks again :)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ed95e07b-8179-48d6-8a6f-599d0c96903b%40googlegroups.com.