I tried this in a tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet

.tc-tagged-left {
    background-image: url(<<datauri "Black-Wallpaper-1F9.jpg">>);
}

It works when the tiddler is viewed normally, but it doesn't show up in the
sidebar.  For now I think I'll just make sure all text there is bolded -
that seems to make it more visible.

----

Hey Jed, thanks for you're suggestion (and plugin) too.  That was easier to
install than I thought it would be :)

Now with both installed I've got all the screen real estate covered.  I
love the customizability!!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/91026b92-7b85-4fd0-8180-32f18e0d07e5%40googlegroups.com.