Hi Andrew, I think the problem is, that your SearchTemplate changes a field
in itself. Try to transclude it in another tiddler, like this maybe:

((Title: Tiddler with Transcluded Search Field))

TagFilter <$edit-text tiddler={{SearchTemplate!!title}} field="dasfilter"/>

This seems to be a common trap as the docs state in the Notes section here:
http://tiddlywiki.com/#EditTextWidget – "One trap to be aware of is that
the edit text widget *cannot be used* to edit a field of the tiddler that
contains it. Each keypress results in the tiddler being re-rendered, which
loses the cursor position within the text field."

Good luck!
Thomas

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/67025a90-d225-47c7-847b-f7170e50c370%40googlegroups.com.