Hi Tobias

> For example, say I had a TiddlyWiki based flavour called Foo,
> and I wanted to have the button read: "Save your Foo".
> That's it.

OK, that’s helpful. It’s a request that has come up before, particularly people
who want to change the word “tiddler” across the user interface to something
else.

One possible approach would be to rejig the translations so that certain noun
words (tiddler, TiddlyWiki, wiki) are translated via a separate transclusion
mechanism.

So, the translation for $:/language/Buttons/Home/Hint might be:

Open the default <<vocab tiddlers-plural>>

Seems like a lot of work, but would be a robust way of achieving what you’re
after.

I guess one quick and dirty solution would be to automate the creation of
variant language plugins within which you’ve used search and replace to change
the vocabulary.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/C2C0CE62-F83B-495E-B3DE-5C7A9BA10773%40gmail.com.