If you are seeing tids with repeated file extensions (ie .tid.itd...) Then
your problems may include this.

I use git with tiddlywiki and am using the pull request via

git pull origin pull/2572/head

until there is a new release.

If you are not using git then you could try updating your node install so
that the 'follyfil' is not invoked (I have not done this so don't know to
which version).

Alternatively you could regress to an early version of tiddlywiki.

You could modify the file locally as show in the pull request, but if you
do this you will have to remember to remove it once we have a new release.

We really need a new release :-(