After a while I realized the new tiddlers are actually being created with a
variable inside called "aaa" and another "bbb" and the text is "{{!!aaa}}
{{!!bbb}}" and it renders good but its not creating the tiddler with the
evaluated text.

Did someone manage to create a new tiddler with the text inside several
variables of the current tiddler?
I have tried with macros and all sort of variable combinations but in the
end the text within the new tiddler is always "{{!!aaa}} {{!!bbb}}", never
the content of those variables :(

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 12:41:38 PM UTC+2, Fidel N wrote:
> Hi all:
> I had a hard time finding this either in tiddlywiki documentation or this
> group, so Im posting this in case its helpful or someone decides to post it
> to the main Tiddlywiki documentation.
> I wanted to dynamically create a new tiddler which text should come from a
> list of combo-boxes, but I couldnt find the way to mix all the variables
> into the resulting tiddliwiky tiddler.
> I asked a very skilled friend of mine and he came with this solution that
> I would have never imagined or found:
> <$select field='letter'>
> <option><$action-setfield letter/>A</option>
> <option><$action-setfield letter/>B</option>
> <option><$action-setfield letter/>C</option>
> </$select>
> <$select field='number'>
> <option><$action-setfield number/>1</option>
> <option><$action-setfield number/>2</option>
> <option><$action-setfield number/>3</option>
> </$select>
> <$button>
> Something
> <$action-setfield $tiddler="Mixing variables examples" tags='mixed_vars'
> aaa={{!!number}} bbb={{!!letter}} $value="{{!!aaa}} {{!!bbb}}"/>
> </$button>
> The key is the following part, in which current tiddler variables are
> stored into the ones that are evaluated again from within the new tiddler:
> aaa={{!!number}} bbb={{!!letter}}
> This solution is super simple, fast, and requires no macros.
> Best regards!

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit