Wow, thanks so much! I certainly will update this thread with my progress.

What I'm working on right now, is keeping a tree of opened tiddlers, so that
when the user hits a back button, the displayed tiddlers will be unloaded, up
until the last choice that they made.

Also, if there was a way I could make tiddlers appear horizontally, instead of
vertically, that would be very helpful.

One of the people in my department actually worked on Twine, so I'm going to be
consulting with him, and sharing what I make on github.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cee826d6-4473-4731-9808-3eaf2cac6b0b%40googlegroups.com.