I'm currently trying to link a tiddler's field to a DataTiddler (dictionary
tiddler). My (semi) working prototype has a SelectWidget pulling up a list
of Tiddlers. When one is selected, its fields are displayed. The title of
the current displayed tiddler is stored in a field inside the viewer
tiddler. One of these fields is codified (to save time when editing this
type of tiddler & to save time in case of field codification changes). This
field key values are stored in a Dictionary Data Tiddler. My goal is to
display the value of the field instead of its stored key.
I use two macros to do so :

   - To retrieve the key to look for 'in the data tiddler) stored in the
   target tiddler

\define targetKey() <$transclude tiddler={{!!myTarget}} field="keyField"/>

   - I have a second macro that'll look for the value to be displayed in my
   Data Tiddler

\define myDataMacro(var:0) <$transclude tiddler="$:/data/dataExample" index=
$var$/>

   - I globaly use them using a MacroCallWidget

<$macrocall $name="myDataMacro" var=<<targetKey>>/>

   - My Data Tiddler has currently these test values

0:White1:Green2:Blue3:Orange4:Red5:Yellow

My issue is the values aren't displayed. It should display the value
associated with the correct key, e.g. : when I try it to select a test
tiddler having "1" (without the quotes) as value for the *keyField* field,
instead of displaying *Green *it displays its value *1.*
Using the MacroCallWidget without specifying the *var *variable displays
correctly the default value set in the *myDataMacro. *Using a key instead
of the sub-macro displays it's value correctly.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a4584345-a4cd-45fe-a005-1ffe855a4cb6%40googlegroups.com.