Hi Jeremy,

I think there are some weaknesses, that can be improved.

1) The "rename tags checkbox" is shown, even if no tiddler is tagged with
the "old" name.

to reproduce:
 - create a "New Tiddler"
 - rename it

---------------------------

2) imo new feature in 5.1.14-prereleas

eg:
  - tiddler a and b exist
  - renaming tiddler a to name: b shows: "Target tiddler already
exists"      <- OK
  - it also shows the rename tags checkbox.  <- see: 1)  ... imo should be
changed ... but may slow down the UI

----------------------------

3) no warning, that new tiddler name is already a tag
to reproduce:

 - create tiddler a
 - create tiddler aa and tag it: a
 - create tiddler bb and tag it: b    .... make sure that tiddler b does
_not_ exist!
 - no rename tiddler: a to b

IMO there should be an info, that other tiddlers use that tag already!

------ reasoning -----

IMO there should be an info, that "bb" ist tadded "b" already! ... If there
is no such info, it may cause some tricky problems.

to reproduce:

 - aa is tagged a
 - bb is tagged b   ... tiddler b doesn't exist
 - rename a to b    .... now aa is also tagged b

 - ... now you find out, that "b" is the wrong name. It should be "c"

 - so you rename b to c ...-> *ouch*!!!   now bb is tagged c instead of b.

.. and nobody told you!!! .... that's confusing. right?

That's why I called it a tricky problem ;)

Suggestion: After the rename mechanism did change tiddlers, there should be
an info, which tiddlers have been changed! So the user knows, what was
going on.

-mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d6215b70-e79e-40d6-9c25-b95f49bcca41%40googlegroups.com.