Dear Birthe, thank you for your support. I tweaked a bit more and voilà, all is up and running! :)
Sorry All for being so inconsistent with my tries, and thank you for you patience!! :) Simon and Daniel Baird done a great job indeed. I've sent them invitation to the project I am trying to organise. Hopefully, Jeremy Ruston <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/w/page/114069544/Jeremy%20Ruston> and many others will be supportive and join. I am very pleased to hear your understanding and your kind words too. Thank you very much!! I have seen a lot of very old spots and some rather empty. I do think some > are left and others are forgotten by their users or they forgot their > passwords. > I see that as a big problem indeed. Many people create tons of valuable information, and it becomes forgotten and abandoned even by themselves. That's where role of IPFS <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/IPFS>and P2P Web becomes invaluable as a platform of building knowledge networks. To my experience, P2P Web alone would not solve the problem of "findability" and "discoverability" of particular information and knowledge. I really think it could be an enormous task to retrieve forgotten passwords > and also really a dubious one. No one knows who created the original spot, > your user is the name of the spot. That way anybody really could ask for a > password. > Reliable authentication is a must for IPFS <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/IPFS>protocol, if I understand it right. Same for integrating personal knowledge networks. Anyone must be able to retrieve reliably his personal knowledge, ideally as a part of a bigger "Global" network of knowledge. How namely that will be done is another question. I would be probably happy with the conventional authentication by email. Email+phone(SMS/text) bundle can be the next level of authentication for more serious, business applications, for example. I am not a specialist in security though, and would let other people realise that part of the puzzle. you could consider creating a new tiddlyspot to get the hang of it or to > test twederation. > I am looking forward to it! The "problem" of mine is that I can't just focus on one task and nail it. My primary goal is development of knowledge networks. Look how the TiddlySpot Setup <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlySpot-Setup> page looks now on LikeInMind. We have two texts by two authors written to reflect their understanding and mindset. As often happens on Q&A sites, some of us will read, like and follow one of the tutorials. Others may find those as a good starting point for something new. For example, they could "merge" all the information into a sequence of steps easy to read and follow. TiddlySpot Setup <http://confocal-manawatu.pbworks.com/TiddlySpot-Setup> is used here only as an example of what knowledge networking can offer for our community. Accessibility provides as much of freedom to choose and follow as to being creative. Thank you for your contribution very much!! On Monday, 26 December 2016 08:11:01 UTC+13, Birthe C wrote: > > Hi Dmitry, > > Did you forget your password and is it not saved in the browser you used > when setting up your new spot? > > You seem to think you have done some mistakes when setting up your site. > Mat has created a very charming site (really, I am in love with this place) > it is called twaddle and this i a direct link to how to fast set up af > new tiddlyspot: > <http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftwaddle.tiddlyspot.com%2F%23Fastest%2520way%2520to%2520create%2520a%2520new%2520tiddlyspot&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGujSXnMXB0QHJgZ6-yESD3FKHxhA> > The tiddlyspot service is offered by the (I think) cousins) Simon and > Daniel Baird. This fantastic offer has helped the tiddlywiki community > tremendously over the years, we can never thank them enough for that!!! > > I have seen a lot of very old spots and some rather empty. I do think some > are left and others are forgotten by their users or they forgot their > passwords. > > I really think it could be an enormous task to retrieve forgotten > passwords and also really a dubious one. No one knows who created the > original spot, your user is the name of the spot. That way anybody really > could ask for a password. > > I am sorry if I am mistaken and your problem is of another kind. Anyway > you could consider creating a new tiddlyspot to get the hang of it or to > test twederation. > > Hope you find a solution as I really like your ideas for collecting > knowledge. > > Birthe > > Den søndag den 25. december 2016 kl. 14.36.03 UTC+1 skrev Dmitry Sokolov: >> >> Mark and Tobias, >> thank you for instructions. It looks like I've done a perfect testing >> job, made all possible mistakes at setting up the site. :) >> Is there a way of gaining access to the control panel after the first >> page closed and login credentials not set? >> Who are the TiddlySpot administrators to contact, please? >> >> Cheers, >> Dmitry >> >> On Saturday, 24 December 2016 09:27:54 UTC+13, Mat wrote: >>> >>> Support did not reply on my email sent two days ago. >>>> >>>> Is TiddlySpot service still alive? >>>> >>> >>> Dmitry - yes, TiddlySpot is very much alive but support is, in any >>> practical sense, only via this google group. >>> >>> <:-) >>> >> On Monday, 26 December 2016 08:11:01 UTC+13, Birthe C wrote: > > Hi Dmitry, > > Did you forget your password and is it not saved in the browser you used > when setting up your new spot? > > You seem to think you have done some mistakes when setting up your site. > Mat has created a very charming site (really, I am in love with this place) > it is called twaddle and this i a direct link to how to fast set up af > new tiddlyspot: > <http://twaddle.tiddlyspot.com/#Fastest%20way%20to%20create%20a%20new%20tiddlyspot> > The tiddlyspot service is offered by the (I think) cousins) Simon and > Daniel Baird. This fantastic offer has helped the tiddlywiki community > tremendously over the years, we can never thank them enough for that!!! > > I have seen a lot of very old spots and some rather empty. I do think some > are left and others are forgotten by their users or they forgot their > passwords. > > I really think it could be an enormous task to retrieve forgotten > passwords and also really a dubious one. No one knows who created the > original spot, your user is the name of the spot. That way anybody really > could ask for a password. > > I am sorry if I am mistaken and your problem is of another kind. Anyway > you could consider creating a new tiddlyspot to get the hang of it or to > test twederation. > > Hope you find a solution as I really like your ideas for collecting > knowledge. > > Birthe > > Den søndag den 25. december 2016 kl. 14.36.03 UTC+1 skrev Dmitry Sokolov: >> >> Mark and Tobias, >> thank you for instructions. It looks like I've done a perfect testing >> job, made all possible mistakes at setting up the site. :) >> Is there a way of gaining access to the control panel after the first >> page closed and login credentials not set? >> Who are the TiddlySpot administrators to contact, please? >> >> Cheers, >> Dmitry >> >> On Saturday, 24 December 2016 09:27:54 UTC+13, Mat wrote: >>> >>> Support did not reply on my email sent two days ago. >>>> >>>> Is TiddlySpot service still alive? >>>> >>> >>> Dmitry - yes, TiddlySpot is very much alive but support is, in any >>> practical sense, only via this google group. >>> >>> <:-) >>> >> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "TiddlyWiki" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4bd57881-74f4-4cc0-9999-81b546bbff0b%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

