Hi Alex,

Since a published standalone TiddlyWiki, by default is read-only,
I imagine you mean a viewing mode that does not present any editing
capabilities to the user.

Atm, the core template do not provide any kind of switch for that.

In fact, I'd rather imagine it the other way around:

The default is: "Author Mode", so you have editors, etc...
and once you disable that, all the editing UI is gone.

Actually, I think I'd even want to be able to specifically declare,
which individual foo-template components
are not to be rendered when not in "Author Mode",
not just what one might think of as "editing",
but also everything configuration, etc....

Best wishes,

Tobias.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5f25926c-1e60-4328-8ea4-a207e98e62b8%40googlegroups.com.