Dmitry

> thank you for the great observations. Would you have an idea what was so
> attractive with TWC compared to TW5, or was it just a "market saturation"?

Response
TWC met a need many people had and was then further developed to make it
even better.

TW5 was created as a NEW product that followed HTML 5 standards.
Because of that there was no migration from TWC it just needed to be NEW.
So anything that is HTML5 TW could be used to work with that as a standard,
no need to rework the product to make it work as you so often do.
Many amazing things have been created because of this fact that TWC
probably never would have been able to do effectively.

In regards to leaving Google Groups
I am not sure how new you are Josiah except for a long time people were
debating leaving Google Groups.

The general consensus was 'Why?' as it is 'Good Enough'
Then most of the developer went to a development platform, GitHub, to do
most of their work.
If you ask me this is where development is best served as you can easily
'fork' something and go in your own direction.
Or you can work with the people together.
Or BOTH.
And GitHub is designed for just such a project like TW5.
Developers also use the Google Group, TiddlyWiki Dev.

During the previous discussions of lets move from Google Groups everyone
was saying lets 'Build something Better and use that'
Meaning Eat Your Own Dog Food.  TiddlyWiki is Google Groups.
This allows the most flexibility as no one relies on anyone else as you can
create your own thing for you, and share.
Do as much or as little as you want, when you want.

Since that time people have been working on an infrastructure for TW5 to do
just that except it takes time to create something like this.

So that is why I think most don't want to jump to any other platform as we
want to build our own or have our own.
We outgrew Google Groups, and <Insert Any Product Here> we might outgrow
that too.
If we had our own platform then we don't have to rely on the tools others
create as we can create our own and we won't outgrow it.

Rich Shumaker

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/810b6be8-ba23-4451-9ce2-0ea48f04171e%40googlegroups.com.