Hi jwd

Wow!! This is the kinda discussion I was hoping would ensue. Your
suggestions make perfect sense. I must admit I was looking at the whole
scenario like this - user would pick a theme and create a blog out of it.
If they want to change the theme they will copy the entire blog-post
tiddlers to a different theme folder. But what your approach is a better
way I must admit.

A central folder with all blog posts. The theme can be brought in with an
includewiki field in tiddlywiki.info. That way if the user wants to change
the theme, all he has to do is change the single field. Yes, that is more
elegant.

The folder structure would be something like
    myParentFolder
        themes
            ThemeA
            ThemeB
        tiddlers -containing all the blog-posts.
        tiddlywiki.info

Yeah, it might be a little scary. But look at it this way, if there is
enough traction for the "tiddlywiki as a static site generator" - we can
probably put together a simple app or something that can manipulate
tiddlywiki.info. A getting started kinda stuff, where user can choose a
theme from a dropdown.

Also where will the final output go? A folder at the level of themes and
tiddlers? Or a subfolder under each theme. Each has its own merits. If it
is at the level of themes - user can set that folder up as a github repo
and update his blog as usual, even if he changes the theme entirely. The
other approach will make sure that even if we mess up the change of theme,
our old blog posts are still there in a different folder.

Your counter-point also gives an insight - what if the new template/theme
demands a different set of configurations. The user cannot be expected to
can tackle this with some kind of rule set that defines what all
configurations can a theme have.

This is exciting.

> I leave the question of why there are different Post Sets to another
time. The key observation is there does not seem to be anything theme
specific in any of those tiddlers.

Do not worry about the demo tiddlers. I merely wanted to see how the blogs
would look if there are lot of tiddlers. So I decided to create a lot of
blog posts. But I was lazy, I automated the process of creating copy of
tiddlers with terminal. This is what resulted in "Post sets". As I said, do
not pay any heed to them.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cd1abb4a-167d-4766-90fa-41094138ae46%40googlegroups.com.