On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 10:15:52 AM UTC+1, tejjyid wrote:

> OK, but I can accidentally return an undefined paramenter any time,
> surely?

If you define your params like this. eg:

exports.params = [
    {"name":"tag", "default":""},
    {"name":"label", "default":"<$view field='title' format='text' />"},
    {"name":"tooltip", "default":""},
    {"name":"debug"}
    ];

Since params has to exist, there shouldn't be an accidents.

> This slightly unexpected behaviour only protects against variables named
> in the function definition?

kind of. There is no mechanism in js, that tells you about returning
undefined variables. The developer has to take care for this.

> Also, I notice Jeremy says "undefined".

IMO it should show, that undefined is a string. In js undefined is the
default state, if you define are variable, without initialisation.

undefined is not equal to the string "undefined"

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/35fb8500-346e-4841-ace5-8ff91e18ec29%40googlegroups.com.