Ciao LostAdmin & all ...

I think its worth coming back to what the initial post in this thread was
about...

I think Jeremy's central point (he originally made to me privately on
Twitter) was this ...

Here’s the thing: all the difficulties in getting started with TiddlyWiki
> stem from the single file architecture. It’s fiddly and unfamiliar to most
> people. The simple fix is to move it to an online service, when all those
> problems melt away. Simple. If on the other hand, anyone wants the
> considerable advantages of working offline without a server, well, then
> TiddlyWiki is the only thing on the planet that can help them, and it comes
> with a learning curve.

Elsewhere he also gave the, I think, *a useful, typology of users* ...

* commercial services for general users
> * easy Node.js app deployment for advanced DIY users
> * continued support for the standalone configuration in the browser for
> most DIY users

 I'm very interested in "most DIY" users, being one, though not really
competent yet, despite tying, so I fall between the classifications. I.e.
probably "Wants to be DIY, but maybe should be using only online services"
... :-)

Naturally flows from this is my interest in is what Jeremy is sensing about
the state of play, since he likely understands it better than anyone.

That was the (my) point in exploring "Voicing Futures".

*The issue IMO is not so much about the extant reality as a "conceptual
orientation" to the future in some way. *

Its better articulating that that interested me a lot.

TW seems difficult to form a full overview of. That is a lot to do with
what it can DO. The many ways it can work. I do think its a bit of a
barrier to entry. THAT is partly why Jeremy's comment   "The simple fix is
to move it to an online service, when all those problems melt away" is so
interesting.

BUT what is meant here by "online service" is what I am trying to grasp
better.

I personally would NOT say that either "online" or "commercial" services
(are there any commercial ones yet?) are yet quite transparent enough or
obvious for "general users". Perhaps I am wrong?

 Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/a1947dab-baed-41d5-874b-03e59d098d24%40googlegroups.com.