On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:31:51 PM UTC-4, Danielo Rodríguez wrote:

> Hello Shay Shaked
>

>> I'm deep into my second year using TW, mostly as a journal.
>>

> I do exactly that. From travel expenses to training sessions.
>

> I love TW, and I've been always looking to use it on my phone (Android,
>> Nexus 5X) as a note taking app, possibly as Google Keep replacement.
>>

> Me too
>
> OK yes, TW  is not *meant *for quick note taking, at least not that way,
>> and requires some care to really make things shine out (my online Wiki is
>> an example I'm proud of).
>>

> I have the same requirements as you. That's why I go through the journey
> of creating my own app.
>

>> *First question*: Am I right? Have you used TW as your preferred quick
>> notes app on your phone, and if so, what's your method?
>>
> As I said, yes I do.
>
> My strategy is composed of several parts, but it is heavily based on my
> own tiddlywiki edition: https://noteself.github.io
>
> The first part of my strategy is to create a VERY SPECIFIC form for adding
> the kind of information that I usually add. This includes input text with
> auto-completion, select lists, and that stuff. Then I have a dashboard
> tiddlers with several tabs with one form on each tab
>
> The second part of my strategy includes the usage of my NoteSelf android
> app. The cool thing is that I can share a text from any other application
> and it will be added as a tiddler. Not the most useful thing in the world,
> but saves some keystrokes.
>
> The third part of my app consist on the multi device synchronization of
> NoteSelf. 99% of my content is produced while I'm on my laptop. Thanks to
> the multi device sync I can create basic versions of the tiddlers on mobile
> and then I edit properly on my laptop. For scrapping snippets and links
> what I usually do is share the link with my android app and then copy the
> snippet when I arrive to my home.
>

>> *Second question: *How stable do you think is TW, and is it here to
>> stay? How do you keep tabs? How often?
>>

> I've been using it for years. But I really think that is a better idea to
> close the tab when you are not using it. Tiddlywiki does not manage
> over-writings very well. Even using NoteSelf, which uses a database shared
> across all the tabs I don't usually keep them open.
>

>> And a question that follows from that, one that I ask again because it's
>> been a while: how and where do you learn about new plugins or features that
>> are useful for you? Themes?
>>

> Here on the group. Sadly, it is VERY HARD to keep visibility when you
> publish a new plugin. There is a list on reddit, but I'm not sure how up to
> date it is.
>

>> *Third question: *What do you, TW users, use as your favorite note
>> taking app and your To-Do app, if it's *not *TW?
>>

> I use Tiddlywiki for everything except for TODOS. The reason behind this
> is that I need reminders, widgets, repetitions, notifications... and that
> [...]

Hello Mark!

Thanks for answering my questions thoroughly. I took a look at your app,
and I don't think I'll try it right now, but you did give me an idea -
create a specific note *type *for what information needs to be entered, and
basically, have it ready on my phone. After all, we're talking HTML files,
so what's the big deal of just contributing to a tidder which will
eventually be imported into my main TW?

The only issue I see is right syncronazation. In the past, I had a somewhat
complex mechanism that would update my TW via dropbox and Google Drive, and
I'm not really interested in getting back at that just because I want to
implement a ToDo mechanism. It's kinda of going backward for me, you know?
I'm going to think some more...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/8aba5493-e5a2-4284-ab10-1546176b3f32%40googlegroups.com.