I imagine by morning someone will give you a good answer, but this seems to
work. The image link allows you to insert a class, and you can use html to
create classes on the fly. So you can have

.centerme {
  display: block;
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto }
}

[img class="centerme" [http://image hosting.com/image.png]
<http://hosting.com/image.png%5D>]

If you want to reuse the class for many images,  then you would put the
class description into it's own tiddler and tag it $:/tags/Stylesheet

HTH
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/aecd231c-5c4c-4595-94c6-0a23fc723638%40googlegroups.com.