Hello TiddlyWiki community!

Have you ever been working on a filter in Advanced Search and accidentally 
got your browser to annoy you with constant "A script is taking too long" 
warnings?  For example, by accidentally typing "MyTiddler [backlinks[]]" 
instead of "MyTiddler +[backlinks[]]"?

This has happened to me a number of times, and I would like to try to fix 
this.  I have two ideas on how this could be better:

   1. Add the ability to cancel a running filter (since filters run all 
   over TW, perhaps just filters on Advanced Search?)
   2. Add the ability for filters to "time out"
   
First I would like to solicit feedback and ideas from a community 
brainstorm, because I'm not exactly sure what the best way to go about the 
above would be.  I'm not the best at browser programming stuff, but I was 
thinking something like JavaScript generator and/or web workers could 
potentially be used for this - obviously that could present problems with 
backwards compatability, though!

So please let me know if you're interested in this (or if it already exists 
- knowing this community, that wouldn't surprise me!) or if you have ideas 
on how I could get this done.

Thanks,
Rob

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"TiddlyWiki" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/dd0a2c17-1f40-4fef-9b41-6f0585653b55%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to