Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup some kind of "HomeWiki" for all relevant informationen
for my home. TiddlyWiki seems to be a great tool for that. Furthermore I
want to use a small webserver only for TiddlyWiki to have some kind of
modular Home-Network and a simple possibility to backup the whole system.
What could be better than a RaspberryPi for this requirements?

At first I tried to use the node.js-version of TiddlyWiki, but the missing
possibility of linking to extern files is a No-Go for me. Also the
backup-procedure seems to be simpler if I use the single-file-version.

Therefore I tried to set up the single-file-version on my RaspberryPi: (The
following text is some kind of tutorial and reminder for myself and maybe
this could help someone :))

Some parts of this tutorial are taken from
http://www.richshumaker.com/tw5/RasPi-Knowledge.htm

1. Install Raspbian (ATM I only tested Raspbian Desktop)

   - https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
   - Raspbian Lite should work.

2. Connect to the network/internet

   - edit */etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf* for Wifi
      -

https://thepihut.com/blogs/raspberry-pi-tutorials/83502916-how-to-setup-wifi-on-raspbian-jessie-lite

3. Connect to RaspberryPi through ssl

ssl pi@[LOCAL IP ADDRESS]

   - standard password = raspberry (should be change)

4. Update Rapbian

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade -y

5. Install apache-server

sudo apt install apache2 -y

6. Install php-server

sudo apt install php5 libapache2-mod-php5 -y

7. Make sure user owns /var/www for ftp-access

sudo chown -R pi /var/www

8. Download TW-file and upload to subfolder in /var/www

9. Create store.php

   - download store.php from
   http://www.richshumaker.com/tw5/RasPi-Knowledge.htm#store.php
   - edit username and password if you want

10. Place store.php in TW subfolder

   - I think it's better to create subfolder for TW-instances in /var/www
   - Upload store.php to folder with TiddlyWiki.html via FTP

11. Make sure apache-user is owner of store.php

   - this is my solution to errors during TW-saving-process and possible
   permission-problems

sudo chown www-data:www-data store.php

   - if you don't want to change ownership the permission should be set to
   605

12. Set permissions to store.php

   - If you dont want to change credentials in the future 700 is good

sudo chmod 700 store.php

   - If you want to edit store.php in the future easily 706 is good (but I
   recommend to use 700)

sudo chmod 706 store.php

13. Set permissions/owner to TW-folder

   - If you use external files (pdf) like me, the owner of the TW-folder
   shouldn't be the apache-user
      - Thus you can easily upload files via FTP
      - Permission should be 606 or 666

sudo chmod 666 [TW-folder]

   - If you do not use external files, you could change owner of TW-folder
   to apache user and set permission to 600

sudo chmod 600 [TW-folder]

14. Set credentials in TW

   - use Screenshot from
   http://www.richshumaker.com/tw5/RasPi-Knowledge.htm#Store.php%20-%20RasPi

----

If you use external files, I think it is best to put them in a folder in
TW-folder. You could simply link to them via HTTP-Links and you could
easily backup them by copying the whole folder.

I think the RaspberryPi with TW-single-file is a nice and clean setup.
Simple to install and easy to backup.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ef076c32-e478-4bf9-b150-638ea7d56402%40googlegroups.com.