I need to correct my assessment with Chrome. Although Chrome does not
exhibit the multiple-reload behavior, it does report the same error on the
javascript console:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-a8HOeRRexHQ/WYm4EEE6K4I/AAAAAAAAAG0/kzkkYza2b-k0nzDC1s-I348l6tqAW8CHACLcBGAs/s1600/Noteself%2BChrome%2BError.PNG>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1eca6270-a54e-485e-aea5-18c19793a545%40googlegroups.com.