I would say that for maximum flexibility, instead of fixing the formatting,
put the various bits of information into fields. Then use template tiddlers
to display the field information as needed. If the information is stored as
fields, then you can do things like list English - word - phonetic or put
your comparable words in a list field and then for each english word you
could also list each (??) word followed by its notes.

Play with it a bit, of course, before committing to any one approach.

Good luck!
Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ccc7879c-f698-4324-86dd-43a293f5e257%40googlegroups.com.