Thanks all for your comments,

I will investigate the possibilities here, However my key point is it
should be fairly trivial to find a clear solution coded in the the core and
documented thoroughly in the documentation.

My Key point is these basic needs are not addressed in the current
tiddlywiki version except via convolutioted work arounds that demand too
much knowledge that they are unavaialable to users until they understand a
lot more. I have committed many hours learining Tiddlywiki because of my
familularity with tiddlywiki classic and a passion for it, but I would
expect such "missing features" to stop a lot of new users, giving up, and
not returning.

Regards
Tony.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/737985f9-175e-45b6-9d44-42402290589e%40googlegroups.com.