Hi Niels,

I did create Parent Based Toc macros - tocP - see:
https://wikilabs.github.io/editions/tocP/ ... which should be ready to use,
but doesn't exactly do what you describe.

-------------

The following stuff is EXPERIMENTAL but imo fits to your description! see
attachment!
so
BACKUP! BACKUP! before you test it. ... It overwrites the core toc macros.
So don't use in production atm.

important tiddlers:

 - aa and bb ... contain the "merge" field parameter
 - test-toc ... shows the full toc tree
 - test-toc-selective-expandable ... same as test-doc but expandable
 - text-???? ... just have a look ;)

Field description:

merge .. tiddler to be transcluded (have a look at aa and bb tiddlers, to
see how to use it)
merge-mode ... block / inline (default)

Please test BUT DON'T US IN PRODUCTION TWs yet!
With the new merge-field you can create really crazy TOC combinations.

More info can be found in an other thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tiddlywiki/eX3SYFlp_70/kpBEdAR1CQAJ

I haven't been happy with the outcome, that's why I didn't create a plugin
from the experiment. ... But this may change.

Let me know, what you think? ... I may make a second plugin "tocM".

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9c46f6a3-84f9-43a3-af6d-b5a4da8b7ff8%40googlegroups.com.