The best way I have figure out how to do this is to $set a variable to the
value of the field, and then perform the text replacement into the [[ ]]
brackets in a macro. Like so:

\define wikiLink(input) [[$(input)$]]

<$set name="input" value={{!!test-field}} >
<<wikiLink>>
</$set>

Tested and works on tiddlywiki.com

Best,