It would be real handy if *I* could edit my node.js TW, share links to it,
and block the sharers from updating.  I understand that I can export the
site as HTML and publish that HTML file, but I've got lots of images.
 99.9% of the time, I only need to say to someone, "Here's a permalink.
 Read this one story for your answer."

The use-case is that I have lots of reference material, my job involves
solving people's technical problems, and I'd like to send them a pointer to
my canned solution.

I'm wondering how I might set things up so that when accessed via
127.0.0.1, full functionality is available, but when accessed via other IP,
it is read-only.

If I were running this on Linux, I'd use umask and file permissions and run
a second node.js as the nobody user.  I'm running node.js as a Windows
service, and it is in an Active Directory environment, where creating a new
user-ID takes an act of congress.

I *could* just set up a daily file copy, replicate my whole TW to a second
folder, and let the "public" trash the disposable copy.  I'd prefer not to
go that route.

Any clever ideas for a read-only instance using the same data?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e38e6440-0f1f-4639-96da-f66c0b65c6c9%40googlegroups.com.