Sorry I'm so late coming to this Mark, but I think I've found an issue...

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 9:18:05 AM UTC-5, Mark S. wrote:

> This version will return  sub-groups for non-global searches. So in
> codacoder's example, this search:
>
> <$list filter='[tag[TestGroups]get[text]regexps[(?g)bk-ann
> ".+"]regexps[bk-ann "(.+)"]]'  >
>
> will change this:
>

> <<bk-ann "Explain the use of the Tiddlywiki's macro system">>X
>>
>> and
>>
>>                       <<bk-ann "Explain the scope rules of Tiddlywiki
>> macros">>
>>

> Into
>

> Explain the use of the Tiddlywiki's macro system
>> Explain the scope rules of Tiddlywiki macros
>

> Notice that it takes 2 regexps filters to accomplish this (the first
> global one finds the items, the second trims them).

Understand that there may be zero or more (usually more than one) bk-ann in
any given tiddler.  So, in the case of the example (if both are included in
one tiddler, I see only

    Explain the use of the Tiddlywiki's macro system

IOW, once a match is found, the rest of the text is ignored.  Is there a
way to make the regex less greedy and carry on to do the rest?

 Coda

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/90d6436f-c854-49e9-be33-1f57a8354be3%40googlegroups.com.