On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 4:09:00 PM UTC+2, Jed Carty wrote:

> I am confused about what is going on now.

node.js version has changed behaviour for "writing new files" quite a bit.
see: http://tiddlywiki.com/#Release%205.1.14 ... Node.js Improvements
especially: Fixed
<https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commits/master/plugins/tiddlywiki/filesystem/filesystemadaptor.js>

multiple issues the creation of new tiddler files by the filesystem adaptor
..
in detail:
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/commit/3708f6c8e4f4bf2ea1cb10b0fa685888485f788a

... Major refactoring of filesystemadaptor

> Are you exporting a tiddler as a text file (using the export function in
> tiddlywiki) and giving it a name that ends it .dot?

If you crate a new tiddler __and__ immmediately change the type to eg:
"text/plain" it will be saved as xx.txt and xx.txt.meta
Same for .md and .md.meta  or .css and .css.meta and some others.

Important: New tiddlers only!

-m

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/b76e8599-2d42-46f4-8c58-6589213b6949%40googlegroups.com.