I would like to see an 'attributes' parameter for widgets. The parameter should
point to a tiddler that holds all the attributes of that widget which will be
mapped to html "as is".

For eg: <$button attributes="myatttiddler">Hello</$button>

and myatttiddler should have text like

{
 "class": "myclass",
 "style": "background:blue;",
 "tabindex": 0
 }

This has two advantages.
a) It will help to decrease repetition of these attributes for various widgets.
b) It will help to include the html properties not yet supported for that
widget like "tabindex" in the above example.

Kixam already implemented this for his date picker widget. I hope this will
become norm for all the widgets.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f750fbac-6623-40a5-8cb2-0c6a7fcc3cd9%40googlegroups.com.