Hi all,

I've a dictionary tiddler named FoodPrefs listing names of people and their
food preferences:

John:omnivore
Jane:vegetarian
Mike:pescetarian

In another tiddler, I've the following search box:

<$edit-text tiddler="$:/index" tag="input"/>

and just below, the following output area with a transclusion:

<$transclude tiddler="FoodPrefs" index={{$:/index}}/>

When I enter the name of the person into the edit-text field, the
corresponding data value is transcluded as expected. However, when I clear
the edit-text field (and the index itself becomes empty), the transclusion
yields all three indexes along with all three values:

John:omnivore
Jane:vegetarian
Mike:pescetarian

How can I avoid this from happening? Is it possible to modify the
transclusion itself so that nothing is transcluded if the "$:/index" is
blank? Alternatively, is there a way to define a 'fallback' or 'default'
index value in case the edit-text field becomes blank? I do not wish to use
a dropdown selector for indexes as a workaround.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,
Hubert

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/714d95b0-4ac9-4351-8ea4-c917dafad715%40googlegroups.com.