Hi, Mario.

Yea, ... You found a rare behaviour, that I did also experience some time
> ago, ...

It makes me happy to know that I am not the only one that sometimes break
the toy.

> At tiddlywiki.com there are 3 story-views
>
>  - classic (default)
>  - pop
>  - zooming
>
> Each of them treat "showing, removing, scrolling" tiddlers in a slightly
> different way. ... There are several other plugins.

This could be an explanation for the following.

> I first found something similar on a wiki I was working on, with a little
>> different result. In that case I had a  *working* custom ViewTemplate
>> with more changes and I inserted some newline to make the code more
>> readable. When I saved the "beautified" ViewTemplate it happened that
>> clicking on any link raised a Javascript error.
>>
>> TypeError: this.getLastFrame(...).getBoundingClientRect is not a function
>>

> This shouldn't happen, because there are several "stranger" tests along
> the line. The point is. We can't navigate to whitespace, because the
> browser API doesn't provide enough info. We can only navigate to "wrapping"
> DOM elements.

The fact is that on my own wiki I was using an alternate story-view:
TopStoryView <https://github.com/felixhayashi/TW5-TopStoryView> from
@felixhayashi Tiddlymap site <http://tiddlymap.org/>. I was with this setup
while experimenting the Javascript error, while the same ViewTemplate
change, applied in the Tiddlywiki site with classic story view, resulted in
an abnormal scrolling behaviour, but no errors.

In any case I go back home with a lesson learned: think twice before
attempt to restyle someone else code ;^)))

I need to work hard before I will be able to deal with js event handling,
fallthrough and bubbling mechanism and the whole DOM logic. Maybe I'll do
it. In the meantime Tiddlywiki give me a chance to get little results, even
if I still have a lot to learn.

Thank you for your support and the clear explanation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/cf849766-4f05-4ddb-92e3-8a9c075cde48%40googlegroups.com.