On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 1:39:50 PM UTC-6, Mark S. wrote:

> Please explain!
>
> Running on node.js, it does work. But not from TiddlyWiki.com. Odd.

Sorry Mark, I missed that.

99.99% of TW node installs are going to be using http.  If you drop a link
in there to another http source yes, it will work.  You should even be able
to link to https sources, too.  That's why your node experiment worked.
TW.com OTOH was being *served* over httpS -- you're not allowed to
"downgrade" the secure protocol on a per link basis.

I mentioned protocol-less links (also called schemeless) - most everywhere
you can type http: and https:, you can simply type nothing.  For example:

src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i3Bggkm7paA"

and it will work.  This is simply saying, "go with whatever protocol makes
sense and quit making me think about it"  :)

Here's a SO discussion about it:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4831741/can-i-change-all-my-http-links-to-just

None of this is needed for the average TW or user... but someone serving up
a TW in a secure environment and needing to link to external sources of
unknown transports, might. Maybe. ;)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3c7ffcfb-1d9b-4645-ad22-a4a0a6b5b842%40googlegroups.com.