I created a new TW and progressively copied my tiddlers over to it, first
installing the same plugins I had then moving standard tiddlers, macro /
template tiddlers and checking each time if it broke it. Since it still
worked fine I used your method (because I really don't like fixing
something and not understanding how I did it), plugin to blame was a
language plugin. I had forgotten about this one & feel kind of dumb not to
have checked this one.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/44310702-03d5-45c4-9f90-796f8aa58d77%40googlegroups.com.