On a small screen, if you have the double chevron clicked, that is what
happens. Just click the double chevron again (lower right corner) to
restore.

Apologies if this is not the problem you are describing.

-- Mark

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/0c219472-ef1c-481f-93fd-eddd070e1c9d%40googlegroups.com.