After reading/searching/experimenting I got:

<$list filter="[is[current]fields[]regexp[-url]]" variable="fieldname">
<$list filter="[<fieldname>split:before[-]]" variable="fieldprint">
<$text text=<<fieldprint>>/>: <$view  field=<<fieldname>> /> <br/>
</$list>
</$list>

There is still some confusion about the use of << vs < when referencing
variables, and why I don't have to wrap <fieldname> with [<fieldname>]
before giving it to split.

Remaining issues:

   - actually making those render as URLs
   - If I replace the <br/> with a comma to get them all on one line, I'm
   left with a trailing comma
   - If I instead try to generate external links as:  [[<$text
   text=<<fieldprint>>/>|<$view field=<<fieldname>> />]]   it doesn't work.

There is still some residual confusion about using nested lists as nested
for loop analogs, and how to actually use the variables in the "loops".

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/bab03871-17c7-4274-a4b4-4e3647973723%40googlegroups.com.