Hi Steve

Untested, but try this:

<!--set bg color of all slides in show -->
<$list filter="[tag<slidetag>!sort<slidenum>]">
<$vars slidenum={{!!slidenum}}>
<$wikify name="rgb" text=<<bgcolor>>>
<$action-setfield background-color=<<rgb>>/>
</$wikify>
</$vars>
</$list>

Given that you’ve got a transclusion in the variable ‘bgcolor’, the wikify
widget is simply rendering that transclusion, ie converting it into the
underlying value.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/B26BEFE2-A764-4C1D-9B74-46057FFEC124%40gmail.com.