Hello,

Is there a way to transclude <<actionTiddler>>'s text or <$set> its text to
a variable?

Since <<actionTiddler>> is short-lived, in that it's created on drag and
destroyed on drop, I assume that transcluding and setting its text to a
variable would need to be performed using some kind of an <$action> within
the <$droppable> widget.

The problem I have is that I'm unable to transclude <<actionTiddler>> in
any way at all, even in that short period of time when this tiddler exists.

I can manipulate the <<actionTiddler>> itself (set its fields etc) but not
read anything from it. Is that by design or is there a way to pass
<<actionTiddler>>'s text, fields etc further?

In the example code below I'm trying to set <<actionTiddler>>'s text to a
tiddler called _temp, however in this way I'm only settings its title,
because {{actionTiddler}} would not work:

\define OnDrop()
<$action-setfield $tiddler=_temp text=<<actionTiddler>>/>
\end

<$droppable actions=<<OnDrop>>>
drop here
</$droppable>

<<list-links filter:"[tag[test]]">>

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Regards,
-Hubert

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c2a2be5b-0450-4e4c-a0c0-776cfbc5fcee%40googlegroups.com.