On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 12:57:39 PM UTC-7, Mark S. wrote:

> That worked for me when invoked like:
>
> <<contactevents "John">>
>
> Good luck,
>
> -- Mark
>
> hm..true. Its working that way. The thing is I am making the call from
inside a template. I am not sure why it works from outside a template , in
a regular tiddler and not in a template. If i write $name$ in the macro
outside the listwidget it displays the parameter value, which shows that at
least the parameter is being passed through. Strange.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1bf95123-bd0d-408e-9180-4be11a414236%40googlegroups.com.