Anything before or after the | | | |, even a space, it will break the
table. And if you have anything non-tabley (text, html tags, etc), that
will also break the table.

Tables rows need to begin and end with |

And tables need to have an empty line before and after.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/f697b41b-6f40-499f-97c6-c34394632683%40googlegroups.com.