On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 4:30:05 AM UTC+1, David Gifford wrote:

> This group is amazing. Sometime it is like the genie's lamp. I rub it a
> little, and magical things start to happen. Thanks again for the fix to the
> link-to-tabs.

Hi David,

The idea worked :) ... but I also found an issue in the core :/ ... A
temporary fix is relatively straight forward, so it can be shipped with the
plugin. ...

BUT .. I think the usability with *system tabs* and "auto-edit-mode" active
is awful ...

I do see your usecase for "user tabs", where it can make sense to activate
tab-links auto-edit-mode. ...

But once activated, I think, it is annoying if you want to just open
"system tabs" eg: right sidebar. Since it opens the "You are about to
overwrite a ShadowTiddler ... " dialog. ... And CTRL-Click, to avoid
auto-edit just feels wrong.

So in contrast to the proposal at github
<https://github.com/wikilabs/plugins/issues/10#issuecomment-364384640> I
intend to implement the following behaviour:

Default: existing behaviour
 - auto-edit not active.
 - clicking a tab-link will open a tiddler in view mode
 - clicking a tab-link will open a *shadow-tiddler* in view mode
 - CTRL clicking any tab-link will open the tiddler, but won't scroll it
into view

tab-link auto-edit active: new behaviour

 - clicking a tab-link will open a tiddler in *edit* mode
 - clicking a tab-link will open a *shadow-tiddler* in view mode
 - CTRL-clicking tab-links for shadow-tiddlers *should force edit-mode*.
.... I'm not sure, if this is possible.

I'll publish a experimental bundle here, once I have a working version.

@all
What do you think? .....

Except: "How can this be so ยง$%& complicated ;)" ... yea ... me too!

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/214a3b61-5a9c-4305-96d6-ac56aaa3e6a1%40googlegroups.com.