Thanks for the clarification, Mario!
my pulse is stable again :)

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 11:18:39 AM UTC+1, BurningTreeC wrote:

>> It is still the original implementation, I'm just looking for ideas, if
>> something very useful comes up
>> Don't understand why now it should be a plugin, just because I'm asking
>> for ideas?
>>

> IMO your initial PR is generic enough for the core. And there are some
> combinations left for future development. ...
>
> But if the core contains hard-coded functions for too many possible
> combination with Shift, Ctrl and Alt, it may be against users preferred
> settings.
> But if we implement something, we have to be sure, to keep it. ...
>
> You know, Jeremy is very restrictive about backwards compatibility. So if
> something is core, we have to live with it for a really long time!

I understand, that's a good thing in the whole picture

> These things will only have effect while dragging - how can one set this
>> from the keyboard shortcuts panel?
>>

> I don't know. I did just point to an option, that I personally would
> prefer configuration over hard-coded functionality.
>
> And if a new config UI will bloat the core even more, I'll always vote for
> a plugin as an alternative.
>

>> If it's possible then the feature is very well under-documented
>>

> Probably.

I once tried making a shortcut and gave up. But I'd like to understand how
to do it and I would then add some words to the docs to document it better

>> I think transclusion is such a central topic in tw that the ctrl+drag =
>> transclusion is very justified to be in the core.
>> The prefix and suffix, too, because that's a central way how the whole
>> html and wikitext syntax work
>>

> Right, that's why I would support it for the core.
>

>> For anything else I'm just looking for Ideas
>>

> OK ... as plugins or configurable.

configurable if it comes out that there are very good things that could be
done, no configurable implementation in the core if not, and a beer next
time in Innsbruck
deal?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/03df7a7e-f0a1-43ac-81d2-94ce2b3ec1f7%40googlegroups.com.