> I'm perhaps just slightly older. AOL was a closed system at the time I
> knew of it. Most of my interaction was on Usenet and through "Compuserve".
>
> Then AOL went public on the net and overnight it was populated by idiots
> :-)

Like me - but fortunately I didn't make it
I had to wait many more journal issues and "free internet acces for a month
AOL cd-roms" to be able to make my first yahoo search
can't remember what I yahoogled, though

Now I'll try to stop talking about the last millennium and do something
helpful XD

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1bbed3f6-7e2f-4eb5-97a5-28939d86355b%40googlegroups.com.