Whenever you want to concatenate something, like the result of a variable
and a tiddler name, think of macros -- that's mainly what they do. This
script seems to work:

\define price() {{pricetiddler##$(stock)$}}
<$list filter="[tag[computer]sort[title]]" variable="stock">
<<stock>> price = $<<price>>

</$list>

HTH
-- Mark