You could remove the  tag $:/tags/ViewTemplate from
$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle

this option could be one which opens up a learning route into SystemTags.

I think it would  be good to create all the SystemTags and have a
description of what they do in their body.
Then, in SystemTags, the list can be created programatically.

The current alphabetical ordering is not so useful for newcomers. I think
it could be better to group the View and Edit templates together with the
PageTemplate -- perhaps in a tiddler explaining the role of SystemTags in
showing and hiding.

I use the {display:none} method myself - only because it is easier to do
that than find the ViewTemplate Tag on a copy of TW.com or the prerelease:
I always use a prerelease as all the documentation is self contained.

Alex

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1a7091fc-ae35-4c6d-9ea1-c81074081573%40googlegroups.com.