Here's a great discussion and explainer by C Pa on templates and setting
your own data structures:!msg/tiddlywiki/QUXd3kG1pTQ/RnYdTqLmAwAJ

Also, look for tiddler "Creating a simple Contacts DB" by Stephan Hradek
<> at . A lot of people have used this as a
starting for their own projects. Note that the code is a bit out of date,
and he uses his own "new tiddler" macro which is no longer necessary.

-- Mark

On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 6:58:40 PM UTC-7, D X wrote:
> I'm new to TW. I love the lightweight flexibility, but can't figure out
> from the provided documentation and examples how to create multi-part forms.
> Here's an example of what I'd like to be able to do (this is not
> specifically what I want to do, but a simplified example): create an "Issue
> Tracking Template". I want to create a new Tiddler that has multiple
> sections like the following:
> Section 1: Short Answer: When the issue occurred; name of the person who
> encountered the issue; location code where the issue occurred. This part
> seems like it could work with transclusion + fields.
> Section 2, 3, etc.: Long Answer: I want headers or boldfaced sections like
> "Issue Description:", "Issue Resolution:", "Comments/Follow-Up:", etc.
> The problems with the Long Answer sections are:
> A. How can I have the headers for these sections automatically imported /
> templated into a new "Issue Page" when I create it so that I'm reminded to
> fill them out?
> B. I don't want to enter / edit long paragraph sections using fields, so
> these seem like smaller tiddlers pulled in via tags? If so, how do you
> multi-transclude the text of tiddlers? If there were a way to
> multi-transclude (like <list-links> or <toc>, except I want the body text
> imported also), then how do I have the headers / prompts show up while I'm
> editing the target page (the new issue) so I can see the headers / prompts
> and interlace my response text with them?
> Thanks!

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit