Hi Steve

> Jeremy, would this work better in Xememex? Might be worth a shot? //steve.

Sadly not; as things stand, Xememex would still render it as one big HTML file.

There are a bunch of approaches that might make it work with reasonable
performance:

* running the wiki entirely on the server, just shipping static output back to
the browser. That’s something that’s supported by Xememex, but would need some
setting up to get things working in this case.
* a hybrid mode where the browser loads most tiddlers lazily, and defers to the
server for searching across tiddlers that haven’t yet been loaded
* a refinement to the TW file format making it possible to stream tiddlers from
the HTML file after the main wiki has been initialised

This example stretches the envelope of TiddlyWiki quite impressively (I’d have
laughed if you’d told me a few years ago that it would be even remotely
practical to work with a wiki this size; I think the most important factor is
actually how much better browsers have got over the last 5 years). There’s
quite a lot of interest in pursuing further optimisation of the TW core (for
example, the work that Evan Balster has been doing).

I don’t see anything obvious that you could do improve things immediately
(that’s not to say that others might not have some good suggestions based on
their experience).

I noticed that the wiki is running on 5.1.14; it’s definitely worth upgrading
to the latest 5.1.15 (or even the prerelease) to get the latest speed
improvements that have gone into the core.

I’m starting work on a wiki with 50,000+ tiddlers for a client, and intend to
explore a few further optimisations which will hopefully also benefit this
example.

Best wishes

Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/5AD9D79A-35D3-4D7D-8D10-B6668FD18DCF%40gmail.com.