On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 8:42:55 AM UTC+2, David A. Gershman wrote:

> I'm not a JS expert but have done a little research to attempt to create 2
> new tabs: Notebooks and TableOfContents.  I've successfully created the two
> tabs and now want to re-order them in the side bar.
>
> First, to add them to the sidebar, I've added the tag " $:/tags/SideBar"
> to both tiddlers.
>
> Next, I want TableOfContents listed before the core "Open" tab, so I
> created a field:value of:
>
>         list-before:  $:/core/ui/SideBar/Open
>
> This works fine.

That's the right thing to do, without modifying existing shadow tiddlers,
but it won't work if you add 2 or more new tabs.

So in your case you should add your own new tab directly to the $:/tags/SideBar

list field. It contains the order of the tabs.

have fun!
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/6493d3f5-b192-4c4d-ae39-3ee8cca99219%40googlegroups.com.