Recently over on the DesignWriteStudio
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/designwrite> Google Group I
witnessed very clearly the issue around limits of TW scalability (read
below).

Its kinda depressing in that TW offers all the tools for innovative
organisation but often fails once the volume of Tiddlers goes beyond modest
numbers (a few thousand).

That said, wardjh's 85K Tiddler wiki does function, albeit at the speed of
a snail with a heavy stone on its back.

Such performance is unviable for anything public online. BUT its perhaps
okay for using TW to PREPARE content for transport to another system that
will do the final publish.

I don't see much discussion, well, any, discussion of TW as a very useful
PREPARATION tool. Its flexibility seems to me ideal for positioning between
inputs for re-arrangement and outputs optimally structured for
other systems.

I thought some of the comments by Mark S. about performance (from another
thread) in general were interesting & worth noting too.

Best wishes
Josiah

wardjh wrote ...

> Since my original project of 85,000 tweet records ran too slow to make it
> pretty much worthless I scaled down the project. 8-(
> Still have some work to do in it.
>
> You can find the new project - http://wardjhtweets.tiddlyspot.com/ (2,800
> Tiddlers)
>
> Old project can be found - http://wardjhtrumptweets.tiddlyspot.com/