I found two interesting pages that are quite up-to-date and talk about
javascript performance on nodejs (v8) and the second on firefox:

   -
   https://www.nearform.com/blog/node-js-is-getting-a-new-v8-with-turbofan/
   -

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Performance_best_practices_for_Firefox_fe_engineers

>From the second link, requestIdleCallback() appears to be very interesting
- if the browser support is given. It reschedules workloads to idle-time
like requestAnimationFrame()
This page shows a shim if there's no support for
it: https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2015/08/using-requestidlecallback

I tested my latest chrome, firefox, brave browser and beaker browser and
they're all supporting it
I just put this in the developer console:

if ('requestIdleCallback' in window) {
  console.log("yes");
} else {
  console.log("no");
}

This benchmark https://jsperf.com/object-keys-vs-for-in-with-closure/10
tells me that Object.keys with a for loop - and for (key in object) are
pretty much the fastest cross-browser
It also suggests that Object.keys().forEach ... should be avoided, it's 44%
slower than the fastest in my benchmark

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7b9ef087-7708-42a0-b0fa-c820f76aff39%40googlegroups.com.